This is a "classic" JRS Concertmaster (2003). It has 2/19/21/9 bridge configuration with the 9 note Super Bass being accessable from either the right or the left side. It spans 4.5 Octaves (4 chromatic). This hammered dulcimer has a solid Mahogany top and a Tulip Poplar back. It is well-seasoned, well cared for, and has a resonant, well balanced tone. The 9 Super Bass notes are tuned to Bb3, F3, Eb3, C3, A2, G2, F#2, E2, D2.
- 2/19/21/9 Dual Super Bass bridge configuration
- 19lbs 8oz.
- Asymmetrical Body (Vertical Treble Bridge, closer Bass Bridge)
- Solid Quartersawn Mahogany Soundboard
- Custom Brown stained Soundboard
- Laminated Cocobolo End Rails
- Tulip Poplar Rail Laminations
- Solid Northern Rock Maple Pin Blocks
- Solid Tulip Poplar Back
- Mystery Bridges (maybe Buginga!) inlaid with Curly Maple and Purpleheart Position Markers
- Double Spline Finger Joints
- Solid Maple Lateral Structural Bracing
- Solid Maple Soundboard Support/Tone Truss
- Solid Mahogany Soundboard Strut
- Signature JRS Soundhole Rosettes
- Curly Maple Edge Binding
- 20 Graduated String Gauges
- Nitrocellulose Hand Rubbed Finish
- Individually “Voiced”
- Signed and Sealed Document of Origin and Authenticity
It comes with a Song of the Wood case, a fully adjustable stand, hammers, tuning wrench and tuning chart.